Tuesday, March 9, 2010

In My Glass- Victory Yakima Twilight

In my glass tonight, is a brew from Victory that I have been looking forward to, Yakima Twilight.  It is an 8.7% American Strong Ale.  From the bottle:
The Yakima Valley of Washington is the heartland of American hops, having contributed uniquely flavorful varieties that have helped redefine American brewing.  Late summer harvest yealds the bounty that builds this exciting ale.  Vibrant and aromatic, this is their moment of glory as the vines have withered by the time you sip this. Dark malt warm the hops' bright edge bringing harmony to the finish.  Rest well hop roots.Spring will come and we'll be thirsty again.
The dark, mahogany color of the beer is accented by the small head that quickly disappates.  The smell is of sweet dark malts and a hint of citrus hops.  The alcohol is not hidden in the nose, nor in the mouth.  The sweet caramel start to the ale turns bitter when the hops get in the mix.  The carbination is not overpowering, but a little more than I like with the sweetness.

This is a very nice beer, it has something for everyone, the caramel taste from the malt and a nice hoppy bitter backbone.  In the mouth, this beer is smooth and creamy, yet the carbination gets in the way.  I would love to have this beer again, and am happy to have tried it.  I don't think that I could have 4 or 5 of them in a night (the abv may be a tad too high), but a second would already be poured if I had one.  Good beer.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I was wrong. It's not like Nugget Nectar. Sorry I must have confused it with a different beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, I am still searching for a beer to taste like NN. The Yakima Twilight was delicious though.

    ReplyDelete