Monday, March 22, 2010

Im My Glass- Weyerbacher Merry Monks' Ale


Tonight, I grabbed a Weyerbacher Merry Monks' Ale out of the fridge. Poured out a strawish color, with a little hint of orange. The beer had an one inch head. The head dissipated quickly, and left just a trace of lacing on the glass.

The smell is earthy and grassy. The Belgian yeast spiciness comes out as well as the alcohol (9.3%).

The taste is of the spice and caramelized sugars. I love the combination of the spice and the sweetness. I find fault in the amount of alcohol in the taste. For me it is overpowering, but being over 9%, it should be expected.

The beer is smooth in the mouth, even with a good amount of carbonation. This is a very good beer, and extremely drinkable. I will definitely be grabbing another.

No comments:

Post a Comment