Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA vs. Samuel Smith Taddy Porter

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA pushed past the cinderella Brewer's Art Ozzy to get to the Elite Eight, while Samuel Smith Taddy Porter beat out the number 2 seeded Kuhnhenn Solar Eclipse. Now it is a head to head of a crazy American brewery with a traditional Brittish brewery.


The Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA is a smooth, sweet, hoppy beer that many consider to be one of the best. I love the 90 Minute IPA. It is one of my go to beers, as I know what I am getting, and I will always be satisfied with it. Dogfish Head is known to try many styles of beer, and many different processes of brewing, including the act of chewing grain before brewing. Their motto of being "Off-Centered" says it all.

The Samuel Smith Taddy Porter is one of the few porters that I enjoy. The creamy beer, made with chocolate malt avoids burnt, roasted malt, raising my enjoyment of the porter (I am not a fan of the roasted malt, as much as the chocolate malt. Samuel Smith is a classic english brewery that produces very good beer, perfect to style. They are known more for being consistantly good. There is no worry whenever your order their beer.

My vote goes to the 90 Minute IPA, as it is my style. Even though the Taddy Porter is strong and can beat out anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment