Monday, March 30, 2009

The Beers- Pilsner Urquell

Pilsner Urquell, Rodenbach Grand Cru, DogfishHead 90 Minute, and Racer 5 remain in my Beer Bracket. It leaves me to comment on these beers and my connection with each.





When I first started drinking, which is late compared to most of my friends, I tried everything I could find to see what I liked. One beer that I like, but always seemed snobbish was Pilsner Urquell. I think it had something to do with the name. I don't always drink enough pilsners. I feel that I kind of black balled them; It might be the color. I just don't like the looks of it. Pale yellow bleh. Give me something darker. But that is kind of like the team Pilsner Urquell represents on my bracket. I don't like the look of them, they seemed boring to me. Then comes the tourny and I remember why I placed the as a 3 seed. Both PU and Nova, clean, clear, and consistent. The Wildcats are having a good run, thanks to the Pilsner.



Other Pilsners that I am fond of are the Victory Prima Pils and Bel Pils. What are some other good pilsners out there that I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment