Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Who comes up with this?


Apparently Beck's is turning their a Hello Kitty themed beer. Packaging and bottle label. Who would ever think this is good? Maybe they are targeting making their beer for women, but I can't see how any man that sees this bottle would be like, hmm, maybe I will grab a case.
I am sure it won't hurt their sales too much, but unless it is for a good cause (I am thinking Breast Cancer research), why would a beer go pink?
Would you drink this beer with this label?

3 comments:

  1. Weeeeird. True story, I was just thinking about something similar last night. The theme was, "If I owned a brewery, how would my label(s) stand out from the other 100+ bottles on the shelf?" And for some insanely strange reason, Hello Kitty jumped into my head. I sh*t you not. My wife will vouch for me.

    Anyway, as much as I want to hate this - you've got to figure they're just trying to reach a new demographic (like you mentioned). Same beer, but with a label that now catches the eyes of a 14 year old girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredibly weird. I just read an article that says Hello Kitty Wine and Hello Kitty Sake were around before this. I agree with Brad...this isn't marketing for women...it's marketing for little kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ab, that's who. A good cause, but everything they do is all about brand recognition.

    ReplyDelete