Monday, March 16, 2009

Did you fill out your Beer Bracket?




With the NCAA men's (and women's) basketball tournament starting Thursday, I started thinking about beer (obviously!). What would my Final Four be? my Elite Eight? my Sweet Sixteen? my bracket? So I started to think about it.

I took a NCAA bracket and replaced the schools with some of my favorite beer. (And no I have not had all the beer in the world, so this list is from my small existence on the face of the earth.)

I will track the teams that should be in the spot, to see how each beer plays out. I am hoping it is an all #1 Final Four. I split the bracket up with Domestics on the left and Foreigns on the right. The Domestics are broken between the East (east of the Mississippi) and West (west of the ole miss). Some problems occured. For example, Abita is north of New Orleans. Does that place it on the east or west side? Anywho, it is on the east side, but I had a great #9 seed for it on the west side, so it is now west. The Foreigns are randomly placed, as I was trying to give the beer I liked better, a better seed.


My number 1 seeds are: Troeg's Nugget Nectar (East), Bear Republic Racer 5 (West), Rodenbach Grand Cru and Guinness. What would yours be?


Click on the about Bracket to see mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment