Sunday, March 29, 2009

Coast to coast


I made watching the Villanova/Pitt thriller last night a little better by starting off the second half with a bottle of Delirium Nocturnum. The beer tasted very sweet. I was thinking raisins and cherries. I don't know if the beer is that good, or I enjoy the little pink elephants that much. Anyone have it, have thoughts on it?


I followed up the Delirium with a couple of Resurrections. Again, it isn't my favorite, but it is a good beer, so I will drink it.

2 comments:

  1. The Delirium Tremens was my TRUE "gateway" beer into Belgians. The Nocturnum... not bad, but it's not the Tremens. Both are definitely waaay sweet though.

    The Delirium Tremens is a GREAT beer for getting that "everyday, fizzy yellow, bland beer lover" onto the right path.... I'm 5 for 5 so far, thanks to Max's on Broadway and Jack's Bistro. Both have Delirium Tremens available and all 5 times, I've convinced 5 friends that Belgian beer IS 100x better than the poo poo they've been drinking.

    So props to Brouwerij Huyghe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were out of Tremens. It was what I originally wanted. Nocturnum took its place

    ReplyDelete