Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Saturday, Fun Day

Last Saturday, we had a get together for a couple of friends' birthdays. Everyone brought some beer/food. We had a nice selection. I grabbed a mixed case (because I can and they can't- Pennsylvania sucks). My case consisted of Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale, Dale's Pale Ale, Sierra Nevada Summerfest lager and National Bohemian. The Natty Boh didn't belong, but it was supposed to be a hot day (and it was very pleasant).

We were outside playing some horseshoes, redneck golf and frisbee. It made it easier to drink out of the bottle, sorry Brad-Beer in Baltimore.

Anywho, I grabbed the Lagunitas on a whim, the label looked good. I like most Lagunitas brews, so this one couldn't be that bad. I was rewarded for my whim, as the Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale was absolutely delicious. I couldn't have been happier. The "American Wheat Pale Ale" was light and crisp on the hot day. The citris and hops kicked your mouth, but the beer was very very smooth.

Summerfest is one of my favorite summertime beers. It tastes so good on a hot day. I had no problem drinking that. I brought the Dale's along to reduce my carbon footprint. Natty Boh represented Baltimore. That was my case.

What would be in your mixed case for a hot summer party?

1 comment:

  1. All is forgiven! I mean, how much would you really benefit from pouring a Natty Boh into a glass? To be honest, I'd rather have Natty Boh in the bottle. Nacho Mama's style (if you've been there, you know the "rule" when it comes to Natty Boh)

    Sounds like a good mix for a hot summer day. And I'm happy to hear you give the new Lagunitas brew a positive review. I'm still looking forward to trying it myself soon.

    ReplyDelete