Friday, July 31, 2009

The (Michigan) Beer List

This is what we partook of during the Michigan Brewers Guild Summer Beer Festival. Full list of available beers can be found here.


My favorite: Kuhnhenn Brewings Simcoe Silly, a Belgian Pale Ale is made with Simcoe Hops (some of my favorite), leading to a unique beer. I need to have my brother pick up some for me.


Arbor Brewing: Abby Normal, Batch 2000 Strong Pale Ale, Uskratch Mai Bock


Arcadia Brewing: Cereal Killer Barleywine, Sky High Rye


Copper Canyon Brewery: RyePA Double IPA


Dragonmead Microbrewery: Bill's Witbier, Juggernaut Double Red Ale


Founders: Centennial IPA, Red's Rye PA, Barrel Aged Red's Rye PA (no, I did not have the Kentucky Breakfast Stout, I messed up)


Hopcat: Hopopotomus IPA


Jolly Pumpkin: Perseguidor 4, Roja du Kriek, Weizen Bam w/Hibiscus


Kuhnhann Brewing: Simcoe Silly, Solar Eclipse Imperial Stout


New Holland Brewing: Brother Jacob Dubbel


Old Hat Brewery: Bees Knees Honey Ale


Right Brain Brewery: Little Italy Honey Basil


Saugatuck Brewing: Barry's Best Bitter, Bamberg Rauchbier


Sherwood Brweing: Green River Wheat IPA


Short's Brewing: Huma Lupa Licious IPA


Walldorff Brewpub and Bistro: Padawan Pale Ale, Strawberry Rhubarb Cream Ale.


I know I missed some of the beers that my brother had. This is what I remember trying, or him trying. As you can see, the list was pretty extensive, and very diverse. We tried to be creative with our selections, but as you can see, I kept going to the ales anyhow.


No comments:

Post a Comment