Sunday, May 22, 2011

Memorial Day

It has been a long time since my last post.  I must apologize, life has been busy.

Memorial Day weekend is coming up, which for most people means a day off of work and cookouts.  While I do have Monday off, and will be up at the cabin with friends- I feel that it is important to remember those who gave their life for us to be able to drink beer, eat hot dogs and feel secure. I hope that the rest of this post does not overshadow the respect that I have (and my friends have) for the soldiers in the current and past military.

We will be having a Wedding Beer Brewday for the second year in a row.  We will be looking to make a wheat beer (with coriander and orange peels) and a simple, not too bitter IPA.  Basic beers to be brewed, hopefully we don't screw them up too bad.  I will be supplying one brewpot, a fermentor and the burner we will be using.  He has another brewpot and fermentor, and we are borrowing an immersion wort chiller to reduce the amount of time it takes to cool.

This will be a great day to introduce some of our friends to homebrew, all while drinking good homebrew and craft beer.  I hope that everyone else has awesome plans for Memorial Day weekend, and also pour a little out for those who aren't here to enjoy the weekend with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment