Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What I Sampled- Belgian Beer Fest 2011

Friday was a beautiful day.  Weather was absolutely gorgeous, and I was able to head down to the Belgian Fest at Max's.  Soon after arrival, I became slightly disappointed that the De Dolle Dulle Teve was not going to be on until Saturday.  Known as Mad Bitch, this is one delicious brew.  So I made sure to grab a Stillwater/Mikkeller Our Side (cask) and De Struise Black Damnation Mocha Bomb. Both beers lived up to my expectation.  I would have drank the Our Side all night.

As thoughts come to my head, I will make notes, but here is the list of stuff I was able to try (There is a slight chance I mixed up some beers, but don't hold it against me):
Roman Sloeber Rossa
St Feuillien Saison 
Stillwater/Olivers Channel Crossing #3
De Dochter Van De Korenaar Embrasse
De La Senne Equinox
De La Senne Zinnebir    
And a couple more that I didn't write down.

Another Fest goer pulled out a bottle of Westvleteren 12 to share. That was a pleasant surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment