Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A New Hobby Begins

Sunday, October 31 was Halloween, it was also the start to a my new hobby- homebrewing.  After the success that was my Wedding Beer, I decided to take the plunge and become a solo artist.  This does also have a duel purpose, hopefully lowering my beer costs, while allowing me to increase my beer knowledge and understanding.

I chose to brew a simple pale ale, based on a Sierra Nevada clone.  I used both Centennial and Cascade hops, hopefully giving it a slight bitterness.  I wanted to brew something that would appeal to not only me, but to anyone that would want to try my beer.

Here are a couple of pics of the beer:



my brew partner

3 comments:

  1. Jay,

    That's totally freakin' awesome! Keep us updated the entire step of the way! Up until very recently I've never really been that into home brewing and never really had the desire to start. No though I think I might start venturing into it a bit further to learn more and see how it turns out. Though previous experiences have turned dreadful LOL!

    P.S. I LOVE the last picture with your dog, it's hilarious and cute! :)

    Ilya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the brew turns out nicely. I would have to watch it with my dog, she enjoys the dry stouts (or at least the foam on them). Your dog looks like a nice partner in crime for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. friend liked your blog
    I'm also a brewer here in Brazil ...
    visit my blog, link below ....


    http://grandecervejeiro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete