Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cause for Alarm

I do love Guinness.  I consider it one of my base beers.  A beer that I have no problem drinking at anytime, and also the measuring stick for many stouts.  But tragedy almost struck:
TWO FIREFIGHTERS were injured and some 200 people evacuated from the Guinness brewery at St James’s Gate, Dublin, yesterday when a fire started during roof repairs on a storage warehouse at the site.
Fifteen units of Dublin Fire Brigade attended the blaze, including three aerial appliances with turntable ladders, after the alarm was raised at 12.10pm.
Flames shot through the building for a short time and billowing smoke could be seen for miles while fire crews fought to bring the blaze under control.
The roof of the building, partly made of felt, caught fire during routine repairs.

I hope everything gets repaired and the firefighters get back to health.

No comments:

Post a Comment