Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Jolly Pumpkin No.2

Tonight, I figured it would be a good night for La Roja, which is:
An artisan amber ale brewed in the Flanders tradition. Deep amber with earthy caramel, spice, and sour fruit notes developed through natural barrel aging. Unfiltered, unpasteurized and blended from barrels ranging in age from two to ten months.

The beer is a good beer, but I can find some flaws in my favorite style brew.  First off, I find that the beer starts out too carbinated.  The cherry is in the nose, but you have to search for it in the taste.  Finally, I feel there is too much of an alcoholly taste to it.

Other than those few complaints, I do like the beer.  It is smooth in the mouth, with a really nice tart sourness to it.  It really zaps the tongue in a pleasant way (if you like a Flemish red style beer).

Overall, I would suggest this beer to someone who is looking for something different, is adventurous, and patient- you have to wait for the cherry to come out.

Time for me to get some more Jolly Pumpkin beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment