Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer Beer Fest an German Park, Part 2






As I continue to figure out the details of the Beer Festival, let me tell you about the German Park. Three times every summer a German club in Ann Arbor hosts a German Park Festival. Basically, food, beer and music are the focus. We had to wait in line to get in, but it was definitely worth the wait.



With the German music playing in the background, the beer flows like water. On one side, the Coors and LaBatt Blue line is 2 people long. On the other side, the Spaten and Frankenweiss line stretches 20 long. You can buy a beer by the cup, or the bucket. Yes, the bucket. We had a bucket of both the Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse and Spaten's Optimator (below).



The food was delicious as well. We just piled it on two trays for the group. Luckily we were able to grab some spots at the picnic tables, since our friends were able to get there early. The place was comfortably packed, with a line still waiting to get in when we left.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! You should try out Toledo's German fest (it's actually in Oregon, OH). It's a big deal, probably the biggest festival in Toledo. Where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in pennsylvania, but my brother lived in Ann Arbor for a couple years (he just relocated to Chicago for work)- but I love the Michigan beer culture, so when we can get out there I meet him there.

    I will put the Toledo German fest on my calendar for things I should do. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete