Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Catching up with myself...

Just some observations that I have had in the past week or so.

Got back to the Selin's Grove Brewpub on Saturday.  I had an alumni soccer game, and then had about an hour to kill.  I knew where I wanted to go.  Even though they were down to about 5-6 taps, and none on handpump, I was happy to see the Scottish ale on.  It is my favorite beer there, even though it may be one of my least favorite styles.  It is such an easy drinking beer, and a great entry beer into craft brews (it was one of mine).

Also, this past week we were looking for a place to sit outside and grab a midweek dinner, and traveled down to Saute.  We have been there before, and liked it every time, but I was never sold on their tap selection.  The made an about face.  With Dogfish Head 90 Minute, Pyramid Snow Cap, Duvel Green, Sierra Nevada Celebration and the beer I had was Ommegang Three Philosophers.  Good selection of bottles as well.  (The taps also include Miller Lite and Yuengling.)  Good food, good beer.

This week is also Max's expansion to 102 taps, with the kickoff on Thursday, April 22.  I am hoping to get down and check it out.  The tap lists can be found here or here.

No comments:

Post a Comment